CURRENTLY READING

CURRENTLY READING

FAVORITE #HASHTAGS

#DanteTongueLove
#KickedintheTaco
#Throatchop

JULY

JULY
7/3/12

7/10/12

7/31/12

7/31/12

7/31/12

AUGUST

AUGUST
8/7/12

8/28/12

SEPTEMBER

SEPTEMBER
9/4/12

9/18/12

NOVEMBER

NOVEMBER
11/6/12

11/30/12

DECEMBER

DECEMBER
12/4/12

I'M A STAR FOR KLB!!

I'M A STAR FOR KLB!!

DOWNSIDE ARMY RECRUIT

Proud Member of the Downside Army

Blog Archive

BLOG DESIGN CREDIT

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Review: Lover Avenged by JR Ward



Synopsis from Back Cover

Rehvenge is used to Living in the shadows and dealing with the roughest nightwalkers around -- including the Black Dagger Brotherhood.  His fearless reputation is why he's approached to kill the race's king, and his bad side is dying to rise to the occasion.  As his secret identity as a sympath is threatened, he turns to the only light in his ever darkening world -- a female vampire untouched by corruption and the only thing standing between him and eternal destruction.

My Comments

Lover Avenged is the 7th book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward.  While the first six books revolved around the members of the Brotherhood, this book highlights the evolving relationship between secondary characters, Rehvenge and Ehlena.

Being familiar with the series already, it was very easy for me to understand conflict created between joining a drug dealer, pimp, (Rehvenge) to a goody two shoes nurse (Ehlena).  However, if you're just entering into the series with this book, I'm not sure if you could fully appreciate Rehvenge's dark side and the challenges that face him with being involved in this relationship without knowing his dark past that's outlined in the previous books.

There were other ongoing side stories with other characters like Brother-in-Training, John Matthew and leatherclad, female Bouncer-of-all-men's-dreams, Xhex.  This hot relationship  provides an excellent jump off for the next book, Lover Mine and closure to the issues that have haunted the Wrath, the Vampire King since the beginning.  

Overall, I was very pleased with the latest installment in the series and I recommend that you pick up the series from the beginning.  But I have to admit I'm mad that I read this book so soon.  I should have waited until March 2010 -- that way I'd only have to wait a few weeks for Lover Mine to be released, which is scheduled for April 2010. :)






Format:  Paperback, 642 pages
Kindle?: Yes

1 comments:

StacyW said...

It sounds really cool. I can't wait to start reading for leisure again. We can be our own two person book club when I do! Yay us!

FOLLOWERS

GRAB MY BUTTON

CONNECT WITH ME

Event Button Event Button Event Button Event Button

YOU CAN FIND ME HERE 2!

ALIENS RULE!

Photobucket

SMUTTY GOODNESS

The Smutty Society

ARE YOU LISTED?

Parajunkee Design

ARE YOU A MEMBER?

I DID IT!

Photobucket