CURRENTLY READING

CURRENTLY READING

FAVORITE #HASHTAGS

#DanteTongueLove
#KickedintheTaco
#Throatchop

JULY

JULY
7/3/12

7/10/12

7/31/12

7/31/12

7/31/12

AUGUST

AUGUST
8/7/12

8/28/12

SEPTEMBER

SEPTEMBER
9/4/12

9/18/12

NOVEMBER

NOVEMBER
11/6/12

11/30/12

DECEMBER

DECEMBER
12/4/12

I'M A STAR FOR KLB!!

I'M A STAR FOR KLB!!

DOWNSIDE ARMY RECRUIT

Proud Member of the Downside Army

Blog Archive

BLOG DESIGN CREDIT

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BBAW Interview Swap - Meet Jamie from Perpetual Page-Turner


Yesssss!!! I'm actually getting a chance to participate in BBAW!!!:::doing the happy dance::::  So without further delay, I'm thrilled to introduce everyone to Jamie from Perpetual Page-Turner.  I was lucky enough to be paired with Jamie this morning for the BBAW Interview Swap!! So pull up a seat and get the scoop on Jamie....

1. So Jamie, tell us a little about yourself:

Jamie: My name is Jamie. I'm a 24 year old college grad who works part time as a marketing assistant for a design/architecture magazine. I also blog over at The Broke and the Bookish (www.brokeandbookish.blogspot.com). In addition to reading and blogging, I love fashion and music. My favorite designer at the moment is Anna Sui. My Ipod, much like my bookcase, is very confused as I love variety. I might be listening to Bob Dylan or the Steve Miller band and then Belle and Sebastian, MGMT or Regina Spektor might come on followed by a little Otis Redding or Rick James. I started my blog because I had been wanting to write about all the books that I had been reading while I was unemployed. I also had seen how awesome other blogs were and I just knew it would be something I'd love doing.

2. What's your favorite Genre (Yep you have to pick one):

Jamie: I'd say literary fiction if you are MAKING me pick one. *Scowling at you like a two year old right now* :)

3. Who is your favorite author?

Jamie: Oh gosh. Classic literature-- JD Salinger. Contemporary - Jonathan Safran Foer -- I'm going to finally get to meet him at the National Book Festival!!

4. Title of the Best book you've ever read:

Jamie: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer ( I haven't reviewed it because it is too amazing to try and review!)

5. Paper or eReader, which do you prefer?

Jaime: Paper! Although if somebody gave me a free ereader I'm sure I could learn to like it! :)

6. What's the best thing you like about blogging about books?

Jamie:  Aside from sharing great books with people, I love the discussion that happens on my blog and the community that gets built on the blog and Twitter!

7. How do you pick your books to review? Personal choice? News Buzz? Word of Mouth?:

Jamie:  A little bit of everything. I moderate the College Students group on Goodreads so I get a lot of recommendations from that. I also come across alot of books from other bloggers that I trust. And sometimes I just browse Goodreads or Borders and find something that looks interesting.

8. Do you have any other hobbies other than reading and blogging?

Jamie:  I love traveling and when I can't travel I read about it or watch The Travel Channel. I also really enjoy cooking.

9. What's next on your reading list?

Jamie:  Ahh..I don't know. Probably one of the books I got at the Brooklyn Book Festival! Maybe talking to Girls About Duran Duran by Rob Sheffield.

10. Last but not least - What's the best advice you could give to someone else who's thinking about starting their own book blog?
 
Jamie:  Do not expect to have a zillion readers on your first day or ever if you don't first read and have meaningful interactions with others on their blogs and on Twitter. That would be another thing--get involved on Twitter!
 
Excellent advice Jamie! Thanks so much for partnering with me today and it was wonderful meeting you and linking up with your great blog!
 
Don't forget to stop by Jamie's blog to view her BBAW Interview with me! .
 
Get your read on!

1 comments:

Marq said...

Great interview!

FOLLOWERS

GRAB MY BUTTON

CONNECT WITH ME

Event Button Event Button Event Button Event Button

YOU CAN FIND ME HERE 2!

ALIENS RULE!

Photobucket

SMUTTY GOODNESS

The Smutty Society

ARE YOU LISTED?

Parajunkee Design

ARE YOU A MEMBER?

I DID IT!

Photobucket